Continuing with my Munki notes, I wanted to get Xcode deployed to my laptop (Snow Leopard, 10.6.8) so that I can work with Homebrew, etc.
- Created a 800M, read/write DMG with disk utility
- Labeled the mount point the same as the OS DVD (Mac OS X Install DVD) just to be safe, though I don’t think this is necessary
- Dittoed Xcode.mpkg and the Packages folder from the Optional Installs folder on the DVD over to the mounted disk image
- Convert the DMG to read-only
- A read/write disk image does not contain a checksum which is required by Munki. (the checksum would change anytime the image was modified)
hdiutil convert Xcode.dmg -format UFBI -o Xcode-Checksum.dmg && rm -f Xcode.dmg && mv Xcode-Checksum.dmg Xcode.dmg
- Proceed with
munkiimport Xcode.dmgas usual
There may be a more efficient way of achieving the same goal, but this process at least got me up and running.