I’m a Systems Engineer and IT Manager by day and a technology enthusiast by night.
When I’m not geeking out on tech, you can usually find me hiking, kayaking, birding, or sailing.
I have an “open inbox” policy and invite any constructive comments or questions from all.
Little List of Likes
- plain text e.g. Markdown, JSON, YAML
- Vim, Git, Python, boto
- LDAP, Kerberos and SSO
- The Unix Philosophy
- a place for everything
- everything in its place
- one true source
- federated systems
- visibility and transparency
- open formats and standards
- vendors who value open standards and interoperability
- portability and exit strategies
- source code
./configure && make && make installworks the first time or seeing it work after fixing all errors
- well-written documentation and man pages
- readthedocs.org and stackexchange.com
- a reliable package manager
- CalDAV and CardDAV
- email and XMPP
- sleep, early mornings, exersise, my own quiet decluttered office, and a clean Inbox
- reading twice and sending once (especially when I actually do it)
- backups, snapshots, archives
- scripting and automating
- CLIs and APIs
- the Python community and ecosystem
- pairing (when it works)
- exploring, testing, tinkering, testing, learning, testing, improving, testing
- troubleshooting and solving problems
- ISO 8601 i.e.
- wildlife and nature
- Yamaha XSR700
- passionate people, especially those who are passionate about technology
- one on one conversations and relationships
- most of all, my wife
This is a personal website. Unless otherwise stated, the content and opinions expressed here are my own and not those of my employer.